Monday, September 3, 2007

267 Vodka Orange and Lemon

Now that you know how an infusion is done, let's review one. Today we review 267 vodka, more specifically the orange infusion and lemon infusion. At first glance I was skeptic about how it would be since there was quite a bit of pulp and fruit bits floating around. I found out later that was why these were on sale for $7.99 from $27 (they got a little tossed around in shipping it seemed). The ones I have seen since have little to no pulp floating around and look rather visually pleasing.

To be honest, I expected this vodka to simply be a marketing gimmick and did not think that 267 would take their time to make sure the infusion was done well. I was so very, very, very, wrong. 267 did an amazing job with these infusions, not only was the fruit flavorful and well absorbed into the vodka but, the vodka itself was of great quality! I was running low on collins mix so I did a half collins and half 267 orange mix. It was amazing, and the lemon was equally good.

The taste was of rich and ripe oranges, and the vodka was clean and refreshing with absolutely no harsh burn or after taste. This infusion was done amazingly well, such to the point where it rivals my own. The fruit is in no way over powering and it is quite literally a perfect mix.

Conclusion: 267 is currently the only vodka on the market that is a true fruit infusion in the bottle, and quite frankly I am perfectly fine with that. Don't get me wrong I love competition as it forces the companies to produce better products, but with 267 vodka I honestly don't see how it could be any better. At an average price of near $30 for a 750ml bottle it is expensive but, if you are lucky and a crate got damaged in shipping and they are on sale I would buy every last one of them. In my ratings I have never given a product a perfect 10, even to the products of the company that sponsored the old ChrisDrinks.com site. As 267 has virtualy no competition in its particular market it is hard to give this rating fairly but, quite frankly they deserve this. A first ever 10 out of 10.

For information on 267 vodka check out www.267.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That 267 was very good indeed, and smooth! Pick me some up if you find them marked down for sure! I seriously dont mind some shaken up fruit "infusions" hehe

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love 267 Infusions. You can buy them at mondoliquor.com although they are not marked down. They are still not that expensive and it is worth every penny!