Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Alaskan Summer Ale beer

Alaskan's summer ale is a seasonal brew that is very flavorful and full bodied. It is a kolsch style beer that does a fairly good job of balancing out the hoppy and and malt flavors equally. The beer is refreshing but has a decent amount of lingering flavor.

For a summer ale I normally go for a lighter beer like a blond logger or a nice hefe weizen but, Alaskan's summer ale is a nice change from time to time. The beer is nice on its own but I actually prefer it with steak, specifically London broil. Interestingly enough the flavor seems to change just slightly every year, I enjoyed the previous years more then the 2007 but I don't regret the purchase.

Conclusion: Alaskan summer ale is nice but not something I would get maybe more then once. Give it a try but don't expect to fall in love. A middle of the road 5.5 out of 10.

No comments: