Thursday, September 13, 2007

360 Vodka

After seeing this at a local Bevmo I went online to their website to check it out. After reading I immediately went back to purchase their product, and I will tell you why. I believe very strongly in recycling and renewable energy sources and helping the environment and so on. 360 vodka believes the same thing, in fact on their site there is a video on the front page that explains that their bottles are 85% recycled, the packaging and labeling is 100% recycled and even more the cap to the bottle is 100% recycled, hell even their website is hosted by an eco oriented hosting company. 360 vodka is really doing their part to help make this world a more 'green' place to live.

360 vodka is 4 times distilled and 5 times filtered putting it in the ultra premium class. At $30 a bottle it isn't cheap and unfortunately isn't nearly as good as I was hoping it would be. Don't get me wrong as it's not bad, it just isn't as good as I had hoped for. 360 mixes fine with citrus and fairly well with sweet, but has virtually no distinguishing characteristics on its own. 360 is fairly new to the market and honestly I don't think they have found their nitch yet. I think given more time and a bit of refinement they will do just fine. As far as mix ability goes 360 does well, but for a premium vodka I prefer it to have a little more to offer as far as character. I do, however, believe strongly in the principles they support.

Conclusion: I hate to do this but the fact of the matter is for the price it just isn't worth it. For $30 there are plenty of other vodka's that are better. I do, however, recommend trying it once. Each bottle you buy comes with an envelope, with postage pre paid, that you can send the top of the bottle back to them and they will donate $1.00 to recognized environmental causes. I for one have sent my cap back in. I hope in time 360's vodka will be as good as their cause but for now I can only give them a 6.5 out of 10.

I don't usually link the site unless I was thrilled with the product, but in this case I will gladly make an exception. Please check out www.vodka360.com for more information on their vodka and how to help our environment.

No comments: