Saturday, August 25, 2007

Boru Vodka

Boru is an Irish vodka. The Irish aren't exactly known for their vodka's, they are more of a whiskey nation. They do however have a few in the market. Today we focus on Boru.

This one is interesting as the first sent of the vodka almost felt like it had a touch of Guinness in it, kind of a bready aroma. Boru is not for the feint of heart, nor does it mix well with others. Vodka is usually chosen for drinks due to its versatile nature, not Boru though. This vodka is a neat or nothing. "Does not play well with others." It does however make for a nice vodka martini, that I did rather enjoy.

Boru has a lot of character, and (if not properly chilled) can burn the throat. But if you like your strong vodka's this one might be for you. I personally would not have this one again.

Conclusion: "Does not play well with others." Aside from that vodka martini I was not impressed. I did however appreciate its character on the rocks. But I have to say I do not recommend this vodka. A 3.7 out of 10.

No comments: