Friday, August 24, 2007

Ku Soju

Ku is a kind of soju. Soju is distilled typically from sweet potatoes and is a neutral spirit similar to vodka. The largest difference is the alcohol content. Ku is only 58 proof. This is lower then vodka's typical 80 proof strength.

Ku does a very nice job with their soju. It is a little sweet but mixed surprisingly well with anything. By anything I do mean anything, from citrus, sweet, dairy, energy drinks, virtually anything. If you are new to drinking this is an excellent starter spirit. I can make a Ku and collins with a ration of 1 to 1 and not have any sharp bite attributed to alcohol.

Ku is smooth and incredibly easy to drink. It isn't hard to forget you are drinking an alcoholic beverage. Ku, and soju in general, is unique from its peers as it also can mix very well with other spirits.

Conclusion: While I personally haven't tried a wide variety of soju, I must say that I am incredibly impressed with Ku. Ku is not always easy to find but its worth picking up. I give Ku a 7.8 out of 10.

No comments: